Northern Michigan Inquiry Hub
Compelling Question: Do I need money to get the things I want?
1) What are needs and wants?
2) What are goods and services?
3) How do people trade/barter for goods and services?
4) What makes a trade fair?
Compelling Question: How do we shape our local environment?
1. How did we modify our environment over time?
2. Describe physical characteristics such as rivers, parks, lakes, in our community
3. How did the use of our land harm or improve our community?
Compelling Question: What is the real story behind the Lake Ann lumber industry?
1) What is the lumber industry and why was it so important in Northern Michigan?
2) How did the lumber industry affect Lake Ann environmentally and economically?
3) In what ways did the lumber industry help the community grow?
Compelling Question: Who is part of a community?
1) How does the community meet your family's basic needs?
2) How does your school contribute to the community?
3) What do people and organizations do to contribute to the economy?